Please enjoy the resources listed below, which include scientific, DEI, and professional development links. We hope that you’ll find these useful, each listing is a hyperlink. Please note, we do not curate any of these linked databases or resources.
In addition, Dr. Hayne has a small collection of books covering science, DEI, and professional development available to loan to members of the scientific community at UChicago, please inquire about these in-person.
- Genomic tRNA Database
- Protein Data Bank (PDB)
- Crystallization Construct Design Tool (make truncations quickly)
- SmartScope (Automated CryoEM Screening Software)
- UChicago BSD Core Facilities
- UChicago Biosciences PhD Program and Resources/Policies
- UChicago BSD Diversity Resources
- UChicago Land Acknowledgement (and resources for local indigenous and black-led community organizations)
- UChicago Office of the Provost Diversity and Inclusion Resources
External Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Resources:
- Women in Cryo-EM
- Diversify Chemistry
- Navajo Language Biology Dictionary
- Disabled in Higher Education Mentorship Program
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- A Twitter thread on improving the lab environment to be more inclusive of neurodivergent scientists
**If you have a relevant linkable DEI resource you’d like for us to share, please reach out.