Structure, Function, and Regulation of RNA Processing Complexes in the Hayne Lab
The Hayne Lab seeks a talented and enthusiastic postdoctoral fellow to study of the structure, function, and regulation of RNA processing protein complexes. The Hayne Lab is opening this winter in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, at The University of Chicago within the Biological Sciences Division.
The Hayne Lab uses interdisciplinary approaches such as cryo-electron microscopy, molecular biology, enzyme assays, and cell biology to understand the maturation of certain non-coding RNAs, such as tRNAs, and to elucidate the molecular mechanisms by which mutations in protein complexes, such as the tRNA splicing endonuclease (TSEN) complex, lead to neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases.
- This position would provide the opportunity to join a growing lab with the opportunity to help drive and develop new research directions and get individualized mentorship and career development guidance in a supportive and inclusive lab environment.
- It is expected that the candidate will have ample opportunities to develop their scientific, writing, communication, and mentoring skills in a way that emphasizes the skills that will support their future career goals.
- Compensation in the Biological Sciences Division (BSD) follows the NIH NRSA Stipend scale. Additional information on resources for postdoctoral fellows in the BSD is available here.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology, or a related field
- Experience in protein biochemistry or RNA biology is desirable
- Experience in one of the following is highly preferred: cryo-electron microscopy, RNA-sequencing, fluorescence microscopy, enzyme kinetics, or mammalian cell culture (preferably including generating CRISPR cell lines).
- Strong work ethic, ability to work as a member of a team, and willingness to contribute to a positive lab culture.
Please email a CV, including the names and contact information for three references, to: Dr. Hayne at email@example.com